After the Allied landings and fighting on the Netherlands island of Walcheren, in early November 1944, large numbers of military vehicles were simply abandoned in and around the village of Westkapelle. Some had become stuck even during the landings, others were actively used in the battle for Walcheren and then just parked in Westkapelle to be rid of them. The majority of these vehicles stood in and around the village for years before they were eventually removed.
This completely free book is the first to provide an overview of what was there, where it all stood and — as far as can be determined — what happened to it after.
Download it here!